December 2, 2008

Vision of Sugar Plum Harry

Once upon a time, I was an exchange student. Having been gone almost a year, my mom sent me a few Christmas ornaments to hang on the tree. I've always loved getting the mail. And in those days pre-email, when I was 17, away from home, and ached in a way that wouldn't quite get me on a plane to leave that tropical bliss, but enough to make me a trifle sad at the holidays, it was fabulous to see that package arrive. The ornaments were bought at some craft fair type thing that my mother likes to go to. And they were made out of some clay, or dough, or claydough... Anyhow, I proudly hung them on the tree. And the next day... I came home after school to half-eaten ornaments. Apparently Ulla, the stinky house weimereiner enjoyed them as well. And I cried. A lot. So fast forward to today... I arrived home after taking Riley for his radiation treatment to find this: And while he's not talking, I'm pretty sure, it was an attack from this:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that stinks. I don't put up our tree until 12/24 and take it down 12/26 for that exact reason.

Anonymous said...

Well that stinks. I don't put up our tree until 12/24 and take it down 12/26 for that exact reason.

Anonymous said...

Well that stinks. I don't put up our tree until 12/24 and take it down 12/26 for that exact reason.