December 21, 2008

It would have been so much cooler my way

Beerman's birthday was this week. So a couple of weeks ago, I went to buy what he'd asked for, and what my Dad said he needed after the roofing project. I went to the big box warehouse store Dad told me to go to, because the right one was on sale. As I entered the store, I was obviously looking befuddled, because an Associate immediately asked me if he could help, and I proudly said, "I need an air compressor and pancake gun." He smiled at me and said, "How about a pancake compressor with the nail guns?" "Right!" As we were walking toward it, I could see his shoulders shaking a little bit, trying to supress laughter. So me being me, I said, "But you've got to admit, it would have been soooo much cooler my way." At which point the guy stops suppressing his laughter, pulls a couple of his fellow Associate buddies aside and tells them what I said. As they're all laughing hysterically, I proudly hoisted my new compressor/gun into the cart, and went off on my merry way. But really, a pancake gun hooked up to an air compressor? It would make Sunday mornings so much more efficient. You wouldn't even have to carry them to the dining room... ******************* And to our friends and neighbors - wishing you a happy Hanukkah. Enjoy your una candelika.

No comments: