June 29, 2009

Career thoughts

I don't know if it's because it's summer, or because my career is sitting on the launchpad and I hear the engines firing up beneath me and it quite frankly scares the crap out of me, or because C-man's 4 and I love this age more than anything, or I'm just burned out... but lately I've started to really wish I were at home. I don't think I've ever hit a "is this worth it?" moment quite like I am right now. And all the reality checks the world don't seem to help. I feel that so few mothers who stay at home around me are truly happy. The majority of them complain about it and what they're missing out on. Then again, the ones who are good at it tend to be amazing. (I tend to doubt I'd be one of those amazing mothers come mid-winter). And we really are set up for C-man and our futures like nobody's business because we're both working great jobs. And C-man loves playing with friends at school. But all the "ands" in the world don't seem to be making me feel better right now. I'm looking forward to the long weekend...

No comments: