April 15, 2010

Sailing along

Naval ship passing by Mission Beach, San Diego, California

While in Central Europe this past year, as I was crazily looking for a coffee shop to get a coffee so I could rush off to my next destination, I realized no one else was doing that.  Nobody was carrying coffee cups to slug down some caffeine so they could function at a frenetic pace.  They were going into the cafes, meeting their friends, sitting down, and drinking it while sitting with their dogs at their feet (further proof they've got it right).  And they were happy.

I mention this because lately I am feeling like everything is frantic in my life.  From the arthritis nonsense to the crap on the littered floors not getting picked up (which is especially irritating because I can't bend over to pick it up) to incompetent people at work making my life feel unprepared to not having the damn April calendar for C-man's class (At least I guessed right that this was "G" week and sent him with his gorilla moldarama.  Once again, the moldarama proves its worth!) to airport yuk to baseball signups to sending in money to the school annual fund to... well, you get the picture. What's the most infuriating about all this is that I just got off vacation!  Where's my well-rested happy-go-lucky attitude?!

So in light of that, I'm taking a deep breath. I'm making a renewed effort to stop the madness.  Because I really need to find my happiness again.

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

I love the notion of sitting in an outdoor cafe with your dog, enjoying your coffee!

*mingle