April 29, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: Stream of consciousness


  1. Why, with all the radio stations available to me, must the only ones who play music in the morning choose Nickelback?
  2. The other day 23andMe was running a screaming deal for their whole kit for $99.  Since I've wanted to do it for ages, but couldn't stomach spending $499 just to find out if I am going to get early alzheimers or some bizarre cancer, I jumped on it.  An email came this morning that my kit has shipped. I'm so excited!
  3. The morning's lesson comes from Beerman: Do not store your IcyHot stick next to his deodorant.
  4. I'm betting that Ken Macha makes it through a miserable May, but not into June.
  5. This past week C-man learned how to take a shower. He thinks it's the best thing he's ever experienced and is now requesting to take several each day.  What are the chances he'll have this same clean enthusiasm when he's a stinky teenager?
  6. I want to set up an exercise room in the basement, but that would require cleaning up all the crap.
  7. It might be time to get another giant dumpster.
  8. C-man starts baseball practice tonight and golf lessons on Saturday.  After so many months of not being signed up for things, I'm kind of dreading all the commitments.  He's over the moon about it all, though, so I guess I'll go with it.
  9. I cannot get on the Bucks bandwagon.  I'm glad for the city that they're doing well, and Bango's backwards ladder dunk was pretty cool, and let's face it, Bango's hilarious.  But it's still the NBA.  Try as I might, I can't fear the deer.
  10. I'm on the hunt for a new really good book.  Time to go and stand in front of my favorite recommended wall and pick one.
  11. Coming up with a list of 100 things I want to accomplish, and not having it turn into 100 places I want to visit is very difficult for me.
  12. Last night I dreamed we bought a house in Zurich with a giant wall of windows overlooking the lake.  Then I woke up and was sad.
  13. I mowed the lawn for the first time of the season yesterday. I find mowing the lawn so gratifying because you can see tangible progress.

5 comments:

Carver said...

I love the way the little flowers look against the monochrome background.

Kwizgiver said...

What a beautiful photo!

Have you read The Help by Kathryn Stockett? It's really great!

::mingle::

jon said...

Mingle****
I do not plan on owning a lawnmower, snow shovel, or windshield scrapers. lawnmowing was not gratifying to me.

Kwizgiver said...

Ok, I see that you have read The Help. Have you read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society?

Indigo said...

I'm laughing at Kwizgiver's The Help suggestion.... only 30 pages left to go and then I'm officially done. I did not dog-ear a single page, my daughter will be so proud. :)

If you move to Zurich, can I come to visit?