April 27, 2010

100 accomplishments

Another sunset from the Gaborone Yacht Club, Gaborone, Botswana
(Can you tell I've been looking through old trip pictures?)

I always have a running tally of things I want to do and accomplish.  I've been tagged as an "avid learner" or "curious".  Whatever it is, I like doing different things.  So I've decided to put together my 100 things I want to accomplish list. But even for me, it's not that easy to do.  Not only because 100 things is a lot, but figuring out the balance between the big momentous things (climb Kilimanjaro) with the smaller (learn to swim) is a bit tricky. So I've decided to first put together my list of 100 random things I've already done to help inspire me into organizing the 100 things I want to do.  So here are 100 things I've managed to do in my life, in no particular order or level of importance:
  1. Fell in love
  2. Got married
  3. Had a child
  4. Visited 4 continents
  5. Been in 16 countries
  6. Tasted 3 oceans
  7. Walked in 34 states and the District of Columbia
  8. Went on Safari while 7 months pregnant
  9. Lived on a beach for 30 days
  10. Learned to speak Portuguese fluently
  11. Got a Bachelors Degree
  12. Got a Masters Degree with a 3.996 GPA
  13. Ran a Boy Scout camp
  14. Ate cat (unknowingly!)
  15. Skinny dipped in the ocean
  16. Drank a mojito in Havana
  17. Got mugged
  18. Summitted a couple of mountains
  19. Got fired from a job
  20. Followed Mma Ramotswe's tracks through Gaborone
  21. Learned I have psoriatic arthritis
  22. Took up photography as a hobby
  23. Fished for piranhas in the Amazon
  24. Hang glided over Rio de Janeiro
  25. Drank beer with Pete Coors at Oktoberfest
  26. Sang the American National Anthem with Canadians at a Leafs game
  27. Drank wine in Napa
  28. Went whale watching in Nova Scotia
  29. Camped alone without a tent
  30. Got Robin Yount's autograph
  31. Visited Niagra Falls
  32. Have held 5 full-time jobs
  33. Ran a 5K
  34. Learned to make a killer brigadeiro
  35. Had my left ACL repaired
  36. Taught a wine tasting course
  37. Had a cow named after me
  38. Visited Corcovado
  39. Got confirmed at the age of 20
  40. Became a Godparent
  41. Took my ACT exam hungover
  42. Drove a forklift
  43. Visited a chocolate factory
  44. Figured out how to geocache
  45. Geocached in Italy
  46. Got the penny to fall in the grate at the Florence boar
  47. Visited a Nazi death camp
  48. Saw David
  49. Rode the steepest cogwheel train in the world
  50. Rode on an un-airconditioned bus for almost 60 hours one-way
  51. Fundraised over $6000 for the Arthritis Foundation
  52. Taught myself how to knit
  53. Roasted my own coffee beans
  54. Ate mangoes straight from the trees in a grove
  55. Survived a tornado
  56. Felt an earthquake
  57. Found the elusive green sand
  58. Snorkeled
  59. Haggled in foreign street markets
  60. Smoked Cuban cigars
  61. Made chocolate soufflĂ©
  62. Bought a minivan
  63. Got 2 Old English Sheepdogs
  64. Won first place in quite a few sporting events
  65. Won a 22" TV for a photo I took
  66. Got soaked in Foz do Iguacu, twice
  67. Broke my hand
  68. Taught my son how to bake cookies
  69. Rubbed John Harvard's boot (and later learned how gross that boot is)
  70. Sat behind home plate at a Brewers game
  71. Went to gymnastics camp with Bella Karoli
  72. Breastfed my kid for a year
  73. Stepped over lava
  74. Watched the Bay of Fundy fill up
  75. Sang a Happy Schnapps Combo song with Francis McDormand's cousins in Brier Island
  76. Learned how to golf
  77. Made my own beer
  78. Learned to play piano, trumpet and baritone
  79. Played soccer with kids in a Brazilian favela
  80. Memorized every word of Major League
  81. Made my own marshmallows
  82. Learned to walk on stilts
  83. Drove on the left-side of the road with a left-hand stick
  84. Danced to Olodum in Salvador
  85. Tried acupuncture
  86. Participated in a 4-month fitness contest
  87. Was anchor of a prize-winning beer drinking team in college
  88. Got my naval pierced
  89. Learned the difference between a seal and a sea lion
  90. Watched a soccer game in the world's largest stadium
  91. Watched every James Bond movie and every episode of 24 ever made
  92. Made my own vanilla extract
  93. Learned to snowshoe
  94. Discovered how to make a killer caipirinha
  95. Won the pitcher drinking contest as captain of the volleball team, The Superdupers
  96. Played softball for 10 years
  97. Learned to dance a foxtrot
  98. Read the Bible
  99. Spun pottery on a wheel
  100. Started and maintained a blog for almost 4 years

1 comment:

jon said...

12. 3.996.... What happen
14. Wilson must never hear of this.
15. skinny dipped in a Lake on a moonlit night.
16. Wife has been to Cuba
19. Only one?
26. sang OH Canada, wife is from Canada
27. drank wine in an alley.
28. Saw dolphins last week near the beach
33. walked a 5k
35. I will have surgery for rotator cuff this summer.
48. I saw David too. which David did you see? (wink!)
53. Made my own coffee this morning.
55. Survived a divorce.
56. I also felt the earth move.
60. Saw a stawberry flavored cigar today.
62. owned 2 sportscars. Austin healy and truimph.
67. Two hernia operations
71. Saw a movie with Bela lugosi.
72. You got me on that one.
73. washed my hands with Lava.
74. Big tides, huh?
77. drank someone elses beer. (pbr)
78. I am thinking of taking up the kazoo.
87. Of all the fact..this impresses me the most
88. This answers question #12.
98. i read Bible stories in junior high school. scared the
crap out of me.

PS: You have me interested in Geocaching. I must find out more. What kind of GPS devise do you use?