June 8, 2010

Bullet Pointedly Tuesday

  • It's raining today.  And that makes me happy, because I got to wear the new raincoat I bought a few weeks ago. Sometimes it's the little things.
  • Today is C-man's last full day of school. Tomorrow, Beerman spends the morning with him (to celebrate Fathers Day), and then he's home after 11:00. And one full year will be behind us. Wow.
  • We planted our first geocache last week.  Then I discovered the Milwaukee County Parks system requires a permit. (Of course they do) I finally got the permit, after about a gazillion emails back and forth with the Parks guy while I was on the road, and it was finally re-enabled yesterday.
  • Our cache got 2 hits on the first day, and I'm totally thrilled.  It's so silly, but it makes me so happy that people want to find our geocache and like it.  Now I want to hide a bunch more.
  • I've been seeing this ayurvedic healer.  She, of course, wants to change my diet. (What, non-stop white sugar and flour aren't good for you?) So she gave me some recipes.  I made a trail mix one yesterday and it's fabulous, not to mention filling.  You mix slivered almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, a little salt and 5 Tablespoons of maple syrup and put it on a cookie sheet to bake for 25 minutes.  When you take it out, you mix in some craisins or cherries, and voila! Tastiness. I was totally skeptical, but am no longer.
  • She also wants me to cut out coffee.  On that one, I'm not so sure she knows what she's talking about.
  • Remember the movie the Money Pit? It might have been about our house.  Beerman just replaced the leaking water tank, only to now have to fix a clogged dishwasher and a broken hot water heater.
  • Our showers have been dangerously short the last couple of days.
  • C-man's school baseball league is starting up again. Beerman's the head coach and I'm the manager. Next, we take on the world.

2 comments:

Indigo said...

Money Pit? Maybe what you need is a real plumber? FWIW Brenda's (wine club) husband is a plumber.

That trail mix sounds really good. Have you ever tried to give up coffee? I've done it, but every once in a while I REALLY REALLY crave the flavor and then it's game over.

Snowcatcher said...

This is the first time I've seen a bullet point day. I love the picture you used. And some of your bullet points really cracked me up! The recipe sounds enticing...