December 5, 2011

About family


It's hard to take a photo of yourself when your dog can't mind his own business. And so, this week, Harry gets a piece of the action, too. But it seems fitting as he's an important part of our family. And while I was spending my weekend, happily enjoying a great time with my sisters and parents and nephews and niece and too much food (What in the hell am I going to do with an entire pan of tiramisu you people left me with?!?), a colleague was losing her 7 year old child to leukemia. It shouldn't take a slap in the face like that to give you some perspective, but sometimes it does. I unfortunately can't change her situation, but I feel like I can take the time to appreciate mine a bit more. Appreciate the love and stability, the giggles, the time spent reading chapters of Harry Potter, the hours of Lego building, the beautiful meals we share, the hugs and snuggles, and even the oppressive licks. Because really, that's all that ever matters.

*****************
For those looking to do a little holiday shopping this weekend, feel free to enjoy a 20% discount on me. Just click HERE.

No comments: