December 13, 2011

Fa la la la la-ing

The befuddlement in my brain continues with some work changes and all that is going on personally. But I'm making some significant progress navigating through the obscurity. Last night I managed to pull out Florida clothes for both C-man and me, so that piece is improving. (And the fact that the forecast for Sanibel Island is in the upper 70s and low 80s this week doesn't hurt the mood either!) And I'm down to only 2 gifts that need to be gotten, which is a relief. (Now if the elves would just wrap them all for me!) I'm feeling much more "together" about it all than I have in past years.

However, this is the time of year to practice some gentle parenting techniques, as it is also baseball trade time. I still don't know how we're going to address the Ryan Braun scandal with C-man, as there were actual tears and "I hate the Diamondbacks!" shouts about the Saito trade.(Casey McGehee, not so much) But since the official ruling won't come out on Braun for a bit, maybe we can just avoid it for now. (And don't think I don't realize how ridiculous it is that these things are so important at our house.)

C-man is missing a day and a half of school this week with our little celebratory foray south. I notified his teachers out of courtesy. They responded with the assignments that he has due. Can I just say for the record that he's in 1st grade and has absolutely no academic troubles in school?

Anyhow, have I mentioned we'll be in the sun in 2 days? Whoot!

No comments: