December 22, 2011

Thursday Thirteen: Miscellaneously me


  1. While on vacation, I started and finished Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I got it this summer as a recommended read from NPR, and it'd been sitting on my nightstand ever since. Why hadn't I read it sooner?! Oh my. It was so strange and so awesome. Screw vampires and werewolves- angels and demons is totally where it's at! I can't wait for the September 2012 sequel!
  2. My reporting structure has changed at work, and it's been such a breath of fresh air. I sense more change coming, which makes me hopeful about further alleviating the boredom problem I've been having.
  3. Somehow, each night after a Harry Potter chapter and before sleep, Cman has started asking what my favorite part of my day is. It's always tough to answer, because I can't tell him that it's when we talk about the favorite parts of our days.
  4. I got some work done on our vehicle this week. There was finally a recall on the lights that have been on almost since we bought the stupid thing. Except now, there is something actually wrong with the thing. I don't know what they did, but it's stalling and grinding on me. Bugger!
  5. While waiting at the dealership, I watched the Wendy Williams show. What a train wreck THAT show is!
  6. Beerman got me an 85mm lens for Christmas. I got it early to take to Sanibel. It's so heavy to allow for its beautiful 1.4 f. Dear God, I get all squishy just thinking about it. Screw blood diamonds, baby. Give me some glass!
  7. The Milwaukee Public Museum has a general store in its old fashioned streets portion that Cman never misses. They sell these bars of Indulge, a local chocolatier, and the Mayan Spice bar with cayenne and cinnamon is particularly to die for. Yum.
  8. Every time I think I'm finished buying Christmas gifts, I remember about teachers' gifts. Argh! It never ends. Would the elves come to wrap now, please?
  9. The trash talk about finding the pickle on Christmas Eve has begun. At what age will Cman realize his dad lets him win? Or that the present is always something he, specifically, wants? I love the pickle "competition"
  10. This week we were supposed to wear our holiday attire to work on Tuesday. I'm no scrooge, but I have my limits. And walking into a meeting with a Santa hat on is definitely one of them.
  11. C-man is having a friend sleep over tonight. You'd think he had just won the lottery, he's so excited. Totally adorable.
  12. I bought nothing while in Sanibel and we hardly ate out. (The beauty of renting a kitchenette). And I've got to say, I'm not sad about that.
  13. I really wish people would stop bringing food to work. I can't resist it, and I really don't want it, and all it does is make me feel like garbage. At least it's the last day here for 10 days. Whoot!

No comments: