December 19, 2011

Yea for amazing weekends

What a fantastic long weekend we had celebrating Beerman's 40th birthday. The weather was absolutely perfect, and we couldn't have asked for a more terrific time.

We found loads of starfish...

And C-man taught us that they re-grow their legs if lost. He learned that from the Hulk. (Don't ever let someone tell you that cartoons rot the brain. They teach important nature facts!)

We watched birds...


And we found loads of sand dollars and shells. (Although we didn't find a shell that sounded like the ocean.)

We went on a search for manatees...

And were lucky enough to find two.

And then we were incredibly blessed to see pods of dolphins...

...from the back of the gorgeous sailboat we sailed around North Captiva Island.

In our "down time", we swam,

Just enjoyed being together...


And played shuffleboard.

Thanks, Sanibel. Until next time.

1 comment:

SarahinSC said...

I LOVE Sanibel! My aunt and uncle live about an hour from there. I've spent a good bit of time on Sanibel but haven't been there for years. Is the Brown Cow still there?

Who knows if I'm going to try to start up some photography business. I really had so much more fun than I thought I would have taking that family's picture. Guess time will tell!

Hope you're doing well!