December 14, 2011

Salt water countdown

Most people right now are counting down until Christmas or Hanukkah. Either with worry because they aren't ready, or glee because they know Santa's coming. I, however, am throwing all that Christmas stuff to the wayside for a moment, because I'm counting down the hours until we get on that jet plane bound for Fort Myers. That's because tomorrow the three of us will be in beautiful, sunny, deliciously 80 degree, shell-covered Sanibel Island for the long weekend to celebrate Beerman's 40th. And I can.not.wait.

I injected myself with the rat poison this morning, so it should kick in tomorrow sometime, giving me a little extra pep. (Is it wrong that every other Wednesday I sing, "Injection day, injection day, time to get my injection today to the tune of Picture Pages and then make the computer noises the pen used to make when I inject it?)

24 hours, people. 24 hours until we're on our way. Whoot!

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

Hope you have a great (and warm) trip.

Are you still getting the acupuncture treatments? Have you decided they help?