September 5, 2012

Schtuff

  • C-man adored day 1 of 2nd grade and earned a "point". Apparently this teacher isn't punitive in her punishment, but heavy on praising the good stuff. It seems like a good fit for C-man.
  • Let's hope the next 179 days go as well.
  • We celebrated by getting frozen yogurt at the newest shop by the house. Yum!
  • A friend of ours told me they have plans over Fall Fest this year but is going to change them so he can come. It's official. The party has turned into a can't-miss event of the season.
  • Beerman had to fly to Colorado and back today. I had to buy him Carhartt shirts for him to go. Don't ask.
  • I watched Dr. Oz the other day. I shouldn't do that. It was a show on fatigue being commonly caused by parasites. The solution is to eat 1/4 C of papaya seeds with a teaspoon of honey every day for a week. I've convinced myself I need to try this.
  • Papaya seeds are disgusting, awful, and bitter.
  • I'm getting pressured to support the Komen walk through work. I have no interest in supporting the foundation, but it's becoming a political nightmare to say that. I keep avoiding the questions. It'll be nice when September is done.
  • I've taken to checking the major news networks on their reporting of both conventions. The differences in headlines alone is really entertaining.
  • Someone mentioned pancakes today. Now I can't stop thinking about pancakes. Breakfast for dinner!

No comments: