September 4, 2012

Unbelievable.

This morning I waved goodbye to my kid as he left home to be a 2nd grader. He made his bed, brushed his teeth, got dressed (even tucked in his shirt) with no reminders. It's hard to believe my kid's in 2nd grade. (This kid will make his first communion this year already! How is that even possible?)
It's such a difference from the very first day of K4 when he was scared out of his mind to get on the bus and wasn't sure if he'd make any friends. Now he races to the bus where he's got a whole gaggle of friends waiting for him with their own big Chiclet-toothed smiles, saving him a seat.
I am more blessed than I ever thought possible with this child.

2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Loved the pictures. They grow up SO fast. Next thing you know, he'll be married. LOL.

Mary Z said...

Well, I was going to say heading off to college, but it's the same thought.