December 7, 2012

And we're off...

We took C-man to a judo club last night to try it out. We had thought it would be a good fit, and boy were we right. He grinned from ear to ear the whole time. From the coach declaring "You have three choices - you hurt them, they hurt you, or you don't do judo" to learning all kinds of new holds, but especially when it came time to picking up another kid and throwing him. This morning, he turned to me and said, "Mom, I can do a straddle hold. And I'm good at it." But now I am looking at a 3 times a week practice schedule. And those aren't matches. What in the heck did I just do?!

The rest of our day is going to be spent in the car on our way to Winter to spend Christmas with family. We can't wait to get there. Fa la la la la!

1 comment:

l'empress said...

Go in joy, and return safely.