December 21, 2012

Vacay - Day 1


  • My child got a hair cut. We went in to the appointment with the intent of trimming it up, and cutting the back to match the sides again. And just before we got there, he said, "I think I want it cut so it's out of my eyes." And then the heavens opened, and the angels sang, and it was done.
  • He was all proud because it was a whole class conversation this morning and how "awesome he looks".
  • The trash talking about who is going to win the great pickle find on Christmas Eve has officially begun. Of all the work that goes into the holiday, it's the hiding and finding of a silly pickle ornament that has become the most special part of it all.
  • We're road tripping north later today. I am the worst car rider ever.
  • I am officially on vacation now, and don't have to go back to work until the 2nd. That is a good, good feeling.

2 comments:

jon said...

The little guy looks better with shorter hair.

He had nice hair before it was cut. This suits his persona better.

Mary Z said...

Be sure to tell him how great his virtual grandmas, grandpas, aunts, and uncles think he looks with his new haircut.