December 10, 2012

Slowly

This is always the time of year that I always sit back and contemplate how I can slow down; how I can move forward with better intentions and less judgments and with more love. It's tough, because it's smack in the middle of the season of Iwannagets. But that's precisely why I feel it's so important to stop and think about.

C-man helps me tremendously in this. Don't get me wrong, he's still 7 and still has a ton of Iwannagets. But he's also the one in the house who remembers we need to light the Advent candle on Sunday. He's the one singing Christmas carols around the house. (And halfway home from Winter yesterday!) And he's the one who asks me what I'm thankful for at the end of each day as I kiss him goodnight.

Having just come off a weekend with family I love dearly, it's nice to know that there is so much love out there in the world. And more importantly, so much so close to me.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

Lots of love going on out here!