December 5, 2012

Looking up

The tree is finally decorated - with a St. Louis ornament added to the increasingly large travel ornament selection. I'd been looking for the stockings, and discovered they were packed in with the ornaments, wrapping around them to keep them all safe and chip-free. I must have decided that would be a good place to store them. Clearly, last year I was feeling more ambitious about putting up all the Christmas decorations instead of just the bare essentials like this year. I'm still feeling awful with this virus that went after me late last week, so the inflammation has been really high. Which means just getting the tree up and decorated was a real feat. We'll see if I make it to the other stuff.

But the stockings are hung so St. Nick can come tonight. (I just hope St. Nick remembers to charge the camera battery tonight so it's usable after it's opened!) I just have to stop and get a giant Toblerone bar on the way home, because C-man seems to remember that as being a regular St. Nick's tradition. (Nevermind last year was the first and only time it's happened.) But the rest of the presents are mostly bought and wrapped, and I even managed to squeak in a couple of items for myself - you know, in the spirit of creating jobs and all. The Christmas cards are out. I've lost enough weight in advance of the holidays to not feel terrible about myself. And I have Friday off. Overall, things are looking up.

No comments: