June 3, 2013

Lazy trips

As I made my way north to see Kyle's graduation, I went the long, slow way. I was alone and had time. Normally, I despise road trips. But that's when I'm going from Point A to Point B, and get totally annoyed that it takes so darned long. This felt a bit different though. My A to B was sort of a "whenever", and so I took the opportunity to stop and photograph some cows and barns along the way. I love taking pictures of barns - the weathered wood, the different places of collapse that invariably happens with old buildings, the lazy animals, the colorful equipment nearby - It makes for fabulous and peaceful imagery that I so often fly by without having time to stop and capture it.
_______________

In other not-so-serene-news, Turkey is rising up. What started as a demonstration against development in a park is now fueling the opposition's need for a platform. It's facinating for us to watch unfold, having only recently having been there. But more facinating is my complete conviction that the people will overcome on this one. I have no doubt in the strength of these people to hold on to what they love. I just hope it doesn't require much more bloodshed.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

That kind of drive is always so great. Glad you were able to sneak one in.

We've always enjoyed reading news (even bad news) about places we've visited. It really does make those places seem much more real and personal.