June 5, 2013

This is why I should always carry my camera

We went to the Brewers game last night for a work event of Beerman's. I realized on my way to get Beerman and have a drink at his work pub before the game that I had forgotten my camera. But no worries. We were heading to the Gehl Club seats and C-man wasn't with us, so it wasn't necessary. There was a ton of lovely food - fresh carved beef, nacho bar, pierogis and sausage, fruit, cheese platters, mini burgers and brats, you name it. But no cake. There were no desserts at all. And so I went on a hunt until Nicole, our lovely server, told me there was pastry chef made cakes out in the hallway.


And so I went. And boy, did I find them. After much deliberation between the apple cake, giant cupcakes and chocolate cake, (This included discussion with the cake server and the pastry chef himself) I went with the chocolate cake that was as big as my head. Then in the 4th inning, they brought cookies and brownies around. And I detonated those too. I mean, what else was I going to do during this tense game since I couldn't take photos? And in the 7th inning, there were fudgscicles and dreamscicles. And I ate those too. After all, we had to celebrate being on the jumbo tron! By the 8th inning, I was physically shaking I was so sugared up. I wanted to moan and complain out loud, but knew I couldn't, because I am a 37 year old woman who just chose to eat the equivalent of an elephant's weight in sugar.


So today, I have a sugar hangover and am drinking green tea while I try to hold myself together. Next time, I need to bring my camera to occupy myself, because it's clear, I have absolutely no self control! But at least we saw an amazing game and had a really fun night out.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

Sugar aside, it sounds like a great evening!