November 14, 2013

Cha-cha-chaaaange


It has been an awful week. Not in someone died kind of awful. I at least have that perspective. But seriously, when you have to compare your week to it not being so bad because you weren't diagnosed with cancer or a loved one didn't die, it's a pretty bad week.

It's one of those weeks that I'm totally on edge. My heart won't stop racing. I can't sleep. I can't eat. I get up early to check on Mr. Pickles, who is not getting any better. I am worrying constantly. And the final straw was last night - after I was racing to get out of work because a meeting went way over time, and I still needed to get C-man by 6 - I couldn't find my car keys. As in, I did not have them. Security did not have them. Gone. Thank God for amazing coworkers. The ones who drive me to get my kid and take me home, the ones who pick me up in the morning, and the ones who find my keys in the bathroom where they must have fallen out of my purse before heading home.

The added bonus is that all this craziness is causing an arthritis flare.

I am a wreck. A total and complete wreck.

Guess my question about how long that 3 day weekend bubble would last has been answered. I need the weekend. And I need a change in a big, big, big change kind of way.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

Lots of virtual bear hugs (which can't hurt) from here.