November 12, 2013

Operation Heal Pickles


We're on Mr. Pickles watch. The pufferfish showed up with a bunch of white spots on his body and fins two nights ago.

And so, we have researched. I have spent hours in fish stores. And last night, Beerman installed a ridiculously expensive UV sterilizer on the system.

The fish people tell us it's a virus, and we just need to "baby" him. How in the world do you baby a fish who already gets his selected meal of shrimp fed to him with tongs? I don't know, but I do know this fish cannot die on us, because C-man loves him desperately. (We had a real discussion about why Mr. Pickles cannot be on this year's Christmas card.)

And so, operation baby Pickles is underway. Twice daily feedings of vitamin-soaked krill, lots of chit-chatting, and constant monitoring of the water. Check.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Poor Mr. Pickles. :( Have I told you that my brother used to be the salt water fish guy at Hoffer's Fish? Salt water tanks are gorgeous, yet a huge undertaking to keep the fish happy. I hope he pulls through!