November 1, 2013

Happy almost weekend


I've been so busy lately, work has been a bit crushing, and the weather has turned dismal. I always seem to lose my voice here a bit this time of year when that all happens. I'm not sure what to say, because it doesn't feel like I have much time for free thinking. And what time I do have to spare, I end up in bed trying to sleep away the pain that creeps up.

But this weekend is almost upon me. My parents are arriving tonight. C-man is beyond thrilled they are going to watch his football game tomorrow. It's only flag football, but it means so much to him, and he loves the extra-added attention when people are there just for him. It tends to be the downfall of living so far from family, I suppose, that it doesn't happen often.

In addition to the football game, they're here for the Jingle Bell Walk on Sunday. I wish it didn't happen at 8:30, so that we could sleep in the tiniest bit Sunday morning, but that's okay. I like the walk a lot, and the weather is looking like it should be typically fall. I'll take it.

And somewhere in-between, I have to read at 4:30 mass Saturday night and turn in a bunch of old stuff for the school rummage sale that I am NOT chairing again this year. Which, thank God, because I'm not even sure how that would happen, with my hip the way it is right now!

Anyhow, happy weekend to you!

No comments: