November 11, 2013

To-do and To-done


The weekend was filled with the mundane - the laundry, the cleaning, the organizing. And it was amazing. All those things on my list of nagging to-dos have been accomplished. While it wasn't anything glamorous, it was entirely cathartic. My nerves had been on edge because there was so much I knew needed to get done, and it was there, lingering, giving me anxiety.

It's like that, though, isn't it? So often, it isn't the big thing giving me heartache, but all those little things that paralyze me into submission. And then when something larger does happen, it's like I can't take on one more thing - almost like the unstable, teetering tower of to-dos comes crashing down on top of me.

So now, my to-do list is pretty clean - right down to the car's oil changed, C-man's Wolf Badge being purchased, and the oil and vinegar cabinet organized. The fact that I have the day off while the snow is softly falling down outside isn't so bad either.

Now the trick is to hold on to this bliss until next weekend!

No comments: