November 25, 2013

Thankful week

It's thankful week. And while I haven't been itemizing my thankfulness on Facebook or elsewhere, it doesn't make me less appreciative of what I know I have. It's just been harder this year to articulate. And I'm not sure why. Maybe the pain, maybe the work being crazy, maybe I'm just less grateful overall. I feel like this has all come at me a little too quickly this year. Like it's speeding toward me, and I wasn't prepared. Which is silly, because the holidays have been right there on the calendar all year long.

So anyhow, I'm thankful for so much. For my family - near and far, immediate and non; For the food on my plate and the roof over my head; For the experiences of a lifetime we've been able to give to our son this year; For the warm fuzzy Harry belly and the happy Mr. Pickles fins; and For the love I feel. It's all more than enough and just enough all at the same time.

Happy Thankful Week!

No comments: