December 10, 2013

My family is cooler than your family


1/3 of Christmas is already done. St. Nick's and my family gathering have been completed. In a lovely night together with my extended family, we laughed, we played, and we laughed some more.

As I age, I appreciate the times we're able to get together for the happy times so much, that I demand over many grumbles, that everyone stand at attention to document it. I love seeing how year after year the kids get taller - moving toward the back, while the older generation moves toward the front. The voices change, the interests get more grown up, but the humor and love remains the same. It's hard not to have a full heart - lots of love, lots of food, lots of gifts, and zero drama.

Because really, my family is cooler than your family.

1 comment:

l'empress said...

You are fortunate to have the family so close by. May your Christmas be bright -- and cool!