February 6, 2014

Thursday Thirteen

  1. Every time we go to the park, someone will tell me I shouldn't groom my dog to be shorter than a full coat because he's cold in this brutal winter.
  2. And every time, I point to him either wallowing in the cold stream or rubbing his face and then whole body in the snow. Why yes, you're correct. He's freezing cold.
  3. My back is no better. I have another massage scheduled for Saturday morning. I'm really hoping this improves soon, because it's getting really annoying to not be able to sit. Plus, I look like a total jackass standing in meetings.
  4. I really want to start this cleanse program I bought, but can't, because I need to have enough food with these pain killers I'm taking. Stupid back.
  5. I also really want to learn how to ski, but alas. Stupid back.
  6. I'm pretty excited about the Winter Olympics starting. I've become obsessed with @SochiProblems, because it's almost too unbelievable to be real, but excited to see the venues. (I really, really hope there aren't terror problems or too many athlete injuries)
  7. C-man is thrilled to watch the skiing events, now that he fancies himself a ski racer.
  8. A while back I'd posted of a dear friend who needed to get her father home from Louisiana to New Hampshire because he'd had a stroke and brain bleed. After getting clearance to get him to fly, and delays and being re-routed to Boston, she flew down and brought him home yesterday.
  9. I drove C-man to school today because he decided as he was getting on his snowpants that his nose was plugged enough to need to use the neti pot. (He has a cold) I'm so excited he's willingly using it, that I didn't even mind letting the bus go by. (Maybe this will stop future sinus infections!)
  10. Beerman is flying home tonight after being in Colorado all week. We do fine while he's gone, but it's always nicer to be together.
  11. This is the weekend that C-man is going to finish his science fair project board. We have all the components printed out, just need to arrange them on the board.
  12. When Beerman asked how the report writing went, I responded, "It's an appropriate report from a 3rd grader," to which he responded, "In other words, I shouldn't read it?" Right. That's totally what it means.
  13. Our pencil sharpener broke. So I went to Amazon to see about ordering another one. I didn't go through with it, because I couldn't decide if ordering a pencil sharpener online was the height of efficiency or lazy.

No comments: