September 21, 2009

Luzern and back again

First, a cogwheel up the train to Pilatus in the AlpsDisappointed that it was total fog (seems to be my luck?), we went on the 40 minute trek up the mountain from the statiion with the hopes there would be a break in the fog. We got to the "Echo" point. It was amazing. Of course, I yelled, "RI-CO-LA!" I mean seriously, how could you not? And then Beerman said, "Whoa, don't step in that!" About 30 yards later, look what we find! Along with her babies! They were adorable. And then we made it to the peak. And the clouds broke for a few moments... Excited that we saw something cool, we had to document the happy moment. And then the clouds broke again. We sat for quite a while watching the snow-covered mountains in the distance. We were incredibly lucky to see anything at all, and it was gorgeous. So, after a while, we started to make the trek down. And then we took three gondolas (ski-lift-ish thing) down the mountain. And went into Luzern to check things out. And took a break for some important stuff. Do I look happier? Then back to Zurich (fat blue angel protects the city)

To end the night with Swiss cheese fondue.

Tomorrow is our last day in Switzerland. It'll make me sad, because besides being extraordinarily expensive, this is one of the best places I've ever been.

But then it's off to Florence on the night train.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

The view is just breathtaking!! I never in a million years would have wanted to visit Switzerland, but I think you've just convinced me that this is a place I need to see.