September 14, 2009

What have I forgotten?

I leave for vacation tomorrow. Yippee!! Except I already have that "Shit, what have I forgotten?" feeling. So this is what my OCD-ish night will be like...
  • Take everything out of suitcase
  • Count the number of short sleeve and long sleeve shirts I've packed
  • Debate if it's enough or too much
  • Throw another pair of shoes in suitcase
  • Make sure I have enough underwear
  • Hug C-man and tell him how much I'm going to miss him
  • Take pair of pants out of suitcase
  • Put pair of pants back in suitcase
  • Download some more onto my iPod for the hikes
  • Check and recheck my camera bag
  • Make sure I have enough yarn packed
  • Read through the lists I've left for Mom and Dad
  • Panic over the short time I'll have to show them where everything is
  • Remember that they've stayed at our place before, and calm down
  • Hug C-man and tell him how much I'm going to miss him
  • Write 10 more things on each list that I've forgotten
  • Look through my packet of tickets and go through the whole trip to make sure I haven't screwed up on the dates
  • Do it all over again

The good news is that Beerman is already there and happily drunk. In fact, "There's beer Every.Where." was his last night's happy quote. In other words, just get myself the rail tickets and camera there, and it'll be all good. Europeans wear clothes, after all, right? So if I don't pack right, I'll just buy it.

Oh yeah, and if you want to hear updates on "The Rysewyk's European Vacation", without the Pig in a Poke gameshow, follow me on Twitter, yo. 'cause I'm hip with the kids.

3 comments:

wineandroasts said...

TOTALLY going to follow you on Twitter! You are the bomb-diggity.

Have an incredible time!

Rogers5 said...

Would you relax already!!! You've traveled before, you know what you're doing. I don't want to freak you out but in you OCD list you didn't mention check to make sure I have my passport and tickets in hand 1000 times. Can't get anywhere without those. Go, Have a great time. Will miss you

Indigo said...

Have a great time! Enjoy Europe and eat LOTS of Nestle Kit Kat's while you are there. (and if you want to pass the wine club initiation you'll bring back a bag for me ;-)