September 8, 2009

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got...

(sing it with me now!) I'm in full-on work mode. Checking things off my list. Gettin' things done. "Why?" you ask. So I can go on VACATION! That's right, ladies and gentlemen, next Tuesday, this girl is on a jet plane to the land of the original Disney castle and tasty beer. And according to the ticker on the right, we're at about a week to go now. And since Mom and Dad are in charge of C-man, I'm trying to remember every last detail, up to the right direction to circle in the school parking lot when they pick him up. Damn, there's a lot to remember... swimming lessons, school uniform regulations, school times, snack days, hot lunch vs cold lunch, bedtimes, library cards, permission slips turned in, groceries, laundry, directions to the local golf course, new tires and oil change on the van, turn in the final will paperwork, and on and on it goes. But that's cool. Because I'm going on vacation. The first real one, as in going AWAY for a week or more one, flying across water, kidless, in about 4 years. And I can't wait.

1 comment:

wineandroasts said...

Woo-Hoo!!

And, ya know, the parental units seem to have done a mighty fine job raising you, so I think they'll figure everything out. Don't worry so much!