September 3, 2009

Resilience

ri-zil-yuhns
  • the power or ability to return to the original form, position, etc., after being bent, compressed, or stretched; elasticity.
  • C-man
    • This morning, we went out to the bus stop. The bus stopped. I kissed his little blonde head. He got on, sat down, and the bus took off. It was like he'd done it his whole life. So much for that being a big deal. I'm not totally sure what he did yesterday at school. Despite being only 4, I got the response I'd expect of a teenager. "C-man, what did you do at school today?" "I don't know, stuff." While putting him to bed, I did learn that during the library "special" (there is a different "special" each day, Wednesdays being library days, Thursday are art days), he was the one sitting the quietest (whoa!), so he got to pick out the book the teacher read. He picked out a (surprise) dinosaur book. Which means everyone now knows he loves dinosaurs, and he also now knows where the "dinosaur corner" of the library is. Big important stuff. Other than that, his first day is a mystery to me. Oh, and apparently I failed on the first day. I was supposed to send in a family photo and forgot. I have a feeling that won't be the last time... In other news, Beerman is coming home tonight. Yea!

      3 comments:

      Indigo said...

      I'm glad I'm not the only one living in mystery. My daughter NEVER shares her school day with me. She'll give her dad a little burb about it because he see's her first, then when I ask about her day she tells me that she already told dad. *sigh*

      wineandroasts said...

      Awww! That IS big, important stuff!

      Abso-freakin-lutely adorable!!!

      PS - LOOO-OOOVE the Sept banner. :o)

      Anonymous said...

      I get the "I don't know" answer a lot!

      Mingle Mingle