September 12, 2009

Frantically fitting it all in

It's my last weekend with C-man for a few, and when I get back, I know it'll probably be stinking cold. So I'm trying to fit in all the fun stuff, while getting ready for the trip too. I'm tiring myself out. But that's okay. I've got a vacation coming up. Last night we went to the mall to see a movie. On Fridays they show movies in the square on an inflatable screen. This week's was Sandlot. While we waited for dusk to come, he wanted to go to the coffee shop. He got a cupcake. Mostly to lick the frosting. He liked lying on the grass better than in the chair. Then they started handing out the popcorn. And today, after the farmers market, we went to the kite festival by the lake. He got to help set one up. Did you know teams actually compete with their choreography? They had a bubble machine, which was "awesome cool!" I thought the giant butterly was what was "awesome cool" And of course, we couldn't pass up the ice cream on the way out. Tomorrow's fun = Customer appreciation day at the farm we buy our cow from.

Meanwhile, Beerman has landed safely in Munich. And despite years of studying German in high school he can't understand a damn thing (further proving my point that language classes are useless unless you are taught how to think in the language). However, he has reported that he's been successful in learning "weisswurst vit carrway und hell bier - 1 L biten". Leave it to him to figure out the food and beer ASAP.

2 comments:

Indigo said...

The kite festival is going on? I didn't realize that, it was a perfect day for it too.

I agree with you on the language thing. I took french in high school and college and can't understand a word of it, unless they talk r e a l l y ssllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww. And then I still need to ask my daughter to translate.

Have a safe trip!

Bev Sykes said...

What a great day, and the photos capture it perfectly!

*mingle*