February 2, 2010

Deep cleansing breaths

It started snowing overnight. That really nice, giant flake, fluffy kind of snow. The kind that silences everything, all the car noise and sirens and clatter of the world, and leaves behind all the good things, like chirping birds and a woodpecker hammering away at the tree.So Harry and I went to the park first thing before anyone else had messed it up with tracks.We gave the bunnies a pass on messing with our pristine snow. (The squirrels were a different matter entirely; Harry was not all all forgiving of them.) I have a rheumatologist appointment later today, and I never like what I hear, even though I know what it's going to be. So it was a real blessing to be able to head out into the snow this morning and have a rare moment of silence to myself.
Ahhh...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I like snow when it's freshly fallen & things are quiet.

*Mingle*