February 4, 2010

Random Thursday Thirteen

  1. I went to the rheumatologist on Tuesday. I still have arthritis and if it is left untreated will cause me to get heart disease.
  2. If I do "treat" it, those drugs will most likely give me cancer.
  3. My rheumatologist asked me why I was not smiling and seemed so depressed.
  4. If I didn't hurt so much, I would have slapped him. Hard.
  5. I once went to a therapist about all this crap because somehow I figured that's what I was supposed to do to make it all better.
  6. I stopped going after visit #3 when he told me I needed to go on an antidepressant, which was a typical need for Tauruses. Yes, as in, my zodiac sign because I was born in May was determining my mental health and pharmacological needs.
  7. I now firmly believe most therapists are much crazier than I am, which is why they go into the profession in the first place.
  8. I've decided to use knitting in front of my SAD light as my therapy instead.
  9. This past weekend I finally finished knitting the front of my sweater in the entrelac pattern I'd just learned how to do.
  10. The dimensions were supposed to be 19" x 23".
  11. Even though I cast on EXACTLY to the pattern with the RIGHT YARN it called for, mine came out 34" x 23". It could be a front of a dress. Or as Beerman pointed out, a sweater for him.
  12. I swore. A lot. Because there's no fixing it.
  13. I'm starting the front over again, but with my own dimensions to make it 19" x 23". It should go much quicker this time.

4 comments:

jon said...

No pain medication for me. I just howl in pain and keep everybody awake. i would have married a Pharmacist if i knew things were going to be like this.

Mingle****

Sharon said...

What a choice to have to make, meds or no meds.
I've been there with the knitting - why do the patterns no work out for me?

*Mingle*

Indigo said...

That is an insane choice to have to make between the meds/no meds. I can't imagine. And your ex-therapist? Definitely a quack.

Let me know how The Magicians is.

Sunny said...

I have absolutely horrible migraines that were dismissed as me "not wanting to go to work", underdiagnosed and ignored for many, many years.
I finally got medication (Imitrex) that works great BUT:
Now I am having some hemifacial spasms starting with them which is something entirely new.
I can't WAIT to try and explain that to my doctor next month.
It'll be interesting, for sure.
I hate doctors.
Just remember anything they do functions under the rule of thirds:
1)it'll make you better
2)it'll make you worse
3)it won't change anything
*********************************
Good luck
sunny from TMA