February 8, 2010

Happy Monday: The TV was hung on the chimney with care

This weekend we went to town on the living room. The couch is in position, the shelves and books dusted (holy balls, where did all THAT come from?), and most importantly, the TV is hung on the chimney, thereby realizing one of my dreams for 2010. (I really dream big, don't I?) It was a way bigger project than either of us had expected. But we now have a flat screen high-def TV with a high-def DVD player, on rabbit ears. Pure happiness. Swa-eet! (And yes, we'll get the cords tied up. One thing at at time) And C-man is in heaven, because now he has his own room set up with all his toys, a love seat and his own TV, DVD, and game system. What more could an almost 5 year old dream for?
***********************
In ripped couch news, I finally got a call from the repair tech today. I emailed him the photos of the offense. He's ordering me a new cushion. And while it'll take some time to get a new one, at least I didn't have to take a day off work for them to tell me that! Nonetheless, I'm crossing American off my list. This service and lack of a discount for my pain and suffering sucks.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am jealous! Nice TV!!!! :)

Sunny said...

Yikes!
A 5 year old with his own TV, DVD player, gaming set and love seat in his room???
I don't even have that in my room.
Will you adopt me?

sunny from TMA

Eliaz Beth said...

Of all the complex features in your house, a chimney is perhaps the simplest – but there's more in there than you may think. Chimney Cleaning San Antonio