March 31, 2014

Harry and me

What happens when you try to take a no-makeup selfie with your dog? You get an incredibly wet ear.

This weekend, I relaxed. Just put it in total shutdown. I slept in until 9. I read a whole book. I didn't do any laundry. I barely cleaned the house. I walked Harry. I painted a little bit of the play set. I helped C-man buy a new baseball glove. And it was tremendous.

I'd become so mentally overloaded, and I think I was still fighting off a bug, too, that I couldn't think straight. It'd been a long time since I'd felt that out of sorts, so it was nice to be able to stop and pull it all back together.

And now, the week begins. Dress rehearsals for the play, crummy work, and baseball practices for C-man. I think I can do this.

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

Glad you were able to have such a good weekend. Now "break a leg" (figuratively, of course) for next weekend.

Jennifer Earp said...

Sounds so nice! I think I need a weekend off, but I don't know when--maybe next year? HaHa! Love the pic! My PiperDog doesn't give kisses. :(