March 18, 2014

Riff-Raff



  • My Carniolan bees are ordered and ready for pickup on May 10th. They aren't the Italian variety I'd originally thought I'd get, but a tough Austrian variety a bit more suited to the cold who really like buckwheat.
  • And really, why would I want sissy, laid back bees when I can have dark, hard-working, sting me lots bees? (Plus, Grandma thinks they're planting buckwheat nearby this year, so it could be a really good fit!)
  • I created a logo for my honey hives. I hadn't considered it until Beerman brought it up, and then was on a mission to build one. It's getting printed now.
  • My birthday list is full of beekeeping supplies. The first time it hasn't been all camera equipment in years.
  • I have a lot of camera equipment.
  • I had my first play rehearsal last night without using the script. I jumped in too quickly a couple of times, and forgot one line. But I thought that was pretty darned good for my first time "off-book", and something I'd really been worried about.
  • I got my costume, too. Oh boy. I'm hoping the stage lights make it look better than it seemed in the high school cafeteria where I tried it on.
  • C-man came to rehearsal with me because Beerman was in California. He thought it was great, which made me really proud. I like him seeing me do new things.
  • Although this quest to try new things has got to slow down a little. I'm getting exhausted.
  • Tonight, C-man has his cousin hanging with him. Tacos, XBox, and a cousin you worship. Could life get any better?
  • Well, tomorrow is his first baseball practice, so yes.
  • And Friday is his birthday. Seriously charmed life.
  • I have nothing purchased and wrapped for him to open. (He already got his baseball cleats, and I've promised him a new fish) Amazon to the rescue!

No comments: