October 13, 2014

And here I go again


  • I went to see my bees yesterday. I took the frames that I spun out the honey from with me, and set them out to let the bees lick them clean. I think the frames were found within a minute by the foragers. And then they went back to immediately tell their friends, because they were all over them within 5 minutes. It was cute. They were all buzzy and happy and drunk.
  • Beatrix's hive had drained the sugar syrup I'd given them the previous week. Amelia's had barely touched it. It's such an interesting study in behavior. I loaded them both up with a gallon and a half for the next two weeks.
  • I don't like the idea of feeding them a lot of sugar. But since this is our first year, I am feel it is more important that they have the best chances of survival over being completely natural about it.
  • I haven't treated them with any chemicals, though. I'm going to avoid that as long as I can.
  • In non-bee related news, C-man caught and pitched yesterday. He struck out two guys. I'm sad I missed it. But that is the end of baseball until spring now.
  • C-man plays Cedarburg this weekend. They're 5-0-1 compared to the Jr Knights 4-1-1. It could be a good game coming up.
  • I'm totally digging that red lipstick is back in. I love red lipstick.
  • Our annual Fall Fest is this weekend. We still have no kitchen, so we're just buying all the food catered. It won't be our strongest effort, but it'll still be fun, I'm sure.
  • Fall Fest means I have Friday off. Yea to 4 day work weeks!

No comments: