October 9, 2014

Crisp air and tasty coffee


  • Every October, I get the worst inflammation in one spot in my body. Last year it was my left hip. This year, it's my mid-back. ARGH! I don't know what it is about October, but it's like clockwork.
  • Speaking of inflammation, sign up for the Jingle Bell Walk!
  • I need to get two birthday gifts for parties. Ah, the downfall of having a social butterfly child - He gets invited to absolutely every birthday party everywhere.
  • I extracted and filtered my honey. Tonight, I plan on bottling it. You know, all two bottles of it that I got. Sigh...
  • It is really light and really sweet honey. I think Amelia's hive was partial to clover this season. I'm going to plant some buckwheat and other plants next year to see if I can get some variety.
  • I have tomorrow off. I think we're going to head north to feed the bees and say hello to Grandma Lou.
  • C-man has an away football game this weekend. I've been so spoiled with everything so close together that now a 30 minute drive seems like a long way away.
  • Coffee is extra tasty today.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

I'm glad you actually got some honey for all your hard work!