October 15, 2014

Kitchen update


The kitchen report: The big ass range is in the kitchen. It's so much bigger in its natural habitat than I'd imagined. (4 feet long with 9 knobs and a griddle that is big enough to be a short order cook is a really big range!) And today, the cabinet boxes get set. The refrigerator comes, too. (Yesterday, when I called to confirm it was still coming today, I was told, "Yes, either tomorrow morning or afternoon!" So that rules out it showing up at midnight, which is sort of helpful, I guess.) The doors and the window should go in now too. In other words, we're moving forward. But until the counters get measured and installed (I've been promised a call today - we'll see if that actually happens!), we still have no sink or backsplash or anything that makes it usable. Still, we're moving forward. Which is great, because this garage kitchen is getting really chilly.

And just think. I wanted to go to Morocco and miss all this remodel fun.

1 comment:

Kim said...

The range is HUGE!!! I can't wait to see photos of the new kitchen.