March 3, 2007

To-tal E-clipse of the Moon

Okay, for those who aren't Little Shop of Horrors addicts, that's a rip-off of an absolutely fabulous song. Anyhow, pretty cool eclipse. Too bad I'm on the wrong side of the earth to see it. The photos were cool. My mother-in-law was here last night until today. We went out to a great breakfast and then to Toys R Us to get C-man his basketball hoop birthday gift. He was so excited, I don't think he's stopped playing all day. This afternoon I got a massage and haircut. Both were fabulous. Then we went to Kohl's and spent an extravagant amount of money on clothes for vacation. C-man got basketball sandals that light up. He loves them. I got some summer clothes that fit and look like the current style. So all in all, things are looking up. 'Cause I'm on vacation, baby! On an unrelated note, my sister often tells the story about the "one time" my other sister pooped in the tub. Everyone seems to have that one story. The thing is, my kid has pooped in the tub 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I'm starting to think this trend is not a positive one. On a parental brag note, C-man now can count to 8. Last week he wasn't interested in counting, and this week he's up to 8. He can also find the following countries on his wall map in his room: South Africa, Congo, Madagascar, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, India, China, Russia, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Cuba, United States and Canada. Most of the time he can find Mexico and Turkey, but it's a crap shoot. I figure he's better than the majority of this country in that respect.

No comments: