June 8, 2008

More on the Carnage

I don't know if I should cry, go into hysterics, or just swear a lot. Everything is toast. Baby stuff, appliances, books, holiday decorations, and even the Rubbermaid boxes of stuff we had saving stuff from our childhoods. If C-man didn't know those words before, he does now. We spent 3 hours at the laundromat tonight washing everything that we could wash. I have a pile of clothes sitting in my driveway that weren't salvageable, waiting for the dumpster. And the ones we did wash still smell like varnish or whatever can of nastiness popped open and contaminated everything during the great swell. The rain is supposed to continue until Wednesday. I'm staying home tomorrow to start the cleanup before the health department condemns us. The way I see it, I'm on antibiotics now, so what can hurt me? Here are the photos of what I'm starting with...

No comments: