September 24, 2008

Bedtime Routine

Our bedtime routine gets more extravagant each night. Beerman commented that C-man's going to have to sleep on the floor at this rate. It goes something like this: Where are my sausages? Right here, all in order. Okay, Brat, Polish, Italian, Hot Dog, and Chorizo. Uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco. Mom, did you get my hot pack? It's right here, all warmed up. Okay. And my water? It's right here. That's last night's water. No, I just filled it up. No, it's old water. No, I just filled it up, it's new. Oh, and Care Bear and Care Bear Monkey? Tucked in right next to the sausages. Okay. Fred (stuffed turtle he takes everywhere) wants his blanky. Can you wrap him up in it? Swaddling Fred in a cloud blanket Are you good now, C-man? No, Fred needs one of the special pillows from your room. Go get gold accent pillows off our bed for Fred's sleeping pleasure Okay, now read me Just A Mess Read story Goodnight, Mommy. Can you send Daddy in to tell me a story? I'm on it. Goodnight. ********************** Thought for the day: Jesus was a community organizer. Pontious Pilate was a governor.

No comments: