September 22, 2008

Four Favorite Things

It's Monday. So instead of complaining about that, I'll blabber on about some of my favorites. Gypsy Cold Care tea Even if I don't have a cold, I love this stuff. 30 minutes of silence, a book, and some warm elder tea... heaven.

This book

I absolutely LOVE the quality of Jose Saramago's (and you pronounce the J, he's Portuguese) writing. When I read it, I feel transported to the moment, which is really a really rare thing for me. Blindness is an incredible book, which he actually won the Nobel for writing. (And if you haven't read THAT, you really should.) But this one was great, because I just found it so intriguing, that I had a hard time putting it down. Especially with a cup of the aforementioned tea in my hand. Note: it is Biblical fiction, so if you're one of those "literalists", which I am not, I mean - Adam made from mud, really? - this isn't a good one for you.
Osea facial mud
Beerman's cousin is an esthetician, and turned me on to this stuff. It makes my face tingle, which I am now addicted to. I use it at least twice a day. And while I know all the steroids aren't hurting my complexion, this stuff seems to be doing the job too. I love it.
MicroBrewers
My collection is almost complete. I have 18/19. If only they'd release Ned Yost, I'd have them all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should be able to purchase the Yost magnet - take one of the "bonus" coupons to one of the retailers and ask for it.