September 13, 2008

The healthy and the not so healthy

Last night C-man wanted pancakes for dinner. Then I remembered that you can put 3/4 C of sweet potato puree in pancake mix, and figured, what the hell. I used our little bear form, put blueberries on for eyes and a mouth, and he gobbled them up like a champ. Check that off as one item he'll eat that's a bit healthier. Before bed, I took out some chocolate croissants I got from Trader Joe's to proof overnight in the oven I had set to go on at 7 a.m. After a night of C-man's night terrors (yikes), what a welcome bit of heaven to wake up to. Warm, buttery, chocolatey croissants. C-man declared, "I love these!" Me, too. ************************** Yesterday, on my way BACK to the rheumatologist for MORE drugs to try to get my finger swelling down a bit, I stopped at Starbucks. While waiting for my grande latte, I got to chatting with a guy... who actually asked me out! HA! Guess that's what not wearing my rings will do. Anyhow, I've been bragging to Beerman that he'd better watch out, because I'm one puffy babe who men want. :-) Good thing he's not the jealous type, because I've been kind of obnoxious about it. ************************** In case you haven't noticed, you can sign up to be in or donate to the November 9th Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis by clicking on the links to the right.

No comments: