September 21, 2008

Wedding Vows

So I went to a wedding on Saturday. I love weddings. I really do. In fact, I will quietly put myself in the huge-sucker-for-weddings camp long as I think they're not one of those where the wedding speeches last longer than the marriage itself. And this one was a good one. It was beautiful. They're in love. They'll stick forever. For better or for worse. And this time, it was the better or worse, sickness and health business that was almost a bit too much for me to handle. Because who doesn't reflect on their own lives and marriages when the vows are said by the smiling, teary-eyed, completely in-love couple? And while I smiled and thought, "These kids have really got no idea what they've just said..." it was also the precise moment that it hit me how much Beerman and I have lived up to our own vows with each other lately. And I realized truly, just how thankful I am for it.

No comments: