November 27, 2009

Ass-ups

We went to the farm yesterday to make merriment and eat turkey and watch football and stuff. And while everyone else was doing the football thing, Harry and I made our way out into the cold to have some fun. His version being the chasing barn cats kind. Mine was the see how many photos I could shoot before my fingers went numb kind. The farm never disappoints for great photos. But my surprise came with the shots of a few of the three-bazillion (no exaggeration at all) birdhouses Grandma has around the farm to feed and house the Cardinals and Chickadees and Ass-Ups. That's because not only do I really like how they turned out with the light and the angles, but last night over dinner we all had a great giggle remembering that Grandpa used to call the Nuthatches Ass-ups. That's because when they eat, they're, well, ass-up. And the man was nothing if not literal. So these shots come with a little more meaning than some of the others I took.

So here's to feeding and housing the Ass-Ups for the winter.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

Thise are some great photots! I love the barn on facebook too.