November 25, 2009

Parent-Teacher Conferences

So we had parent-teacher conferences last night. We were going to let C-man play with the neighbor kid for an hour, but the neighbor kid got sick. So we were dropping him off at the babysitter's house, but the babysitter wasn't home. (She got caught at her mom's doctor's appointment) So I went alone while Beerman took C-man to the bookstore. Fiasco averted, I walked in and sat in one of the little chairs. (Seriously, can't they set up a real table/chair for parent night?) Anyhow, he's doing really well. He has friends. Math and Reading readiness are high. He's enthusiastic and "has A LOT of personality". But apparently my kid is the class Pigpen. She said they always laugh at his cubbie at the end of the day with all the papers exploding out of it. "He plays messy, he eats messy, he puts stuff away messy" Sigh... Yes, she was indeed talking about my child. The one who looks like an explosion went off wherever he's been. I'd point the finger at his father, but he'll point the finger back at me. So we'll have to all work on that a bit more. But it was nice to hear he's doing really well on everything else. The very best part of the night, though, was seeing the grateful tree that he'd made. On it were some nice things: my Mom and Dad, when my Mom takes me shopping, my friends, Brewers, my helmet... But the best one? The one on the right... "When my Dad muchaluchas me". Seriously. What these teachers must think of us.

No comments: