November 28, 2009

Dilemmas

My Christmas shopping has begun. And I've come to the painful realization that my kid has everything a 4 year old could need. And then some. I'm not into getting him a Wii as many have suggested. Because both he and I would get addicted. And that would be bad. When he goes through the catalogs, everything he wants is superhero-related. Because the kid's latest obsessions is superheroes, and he lives, eats and breathes superheroes now. I'm not into the superhero thing. Because A) He goes through obsessions like water. (Star Wars, Dinosaurs, Handy Manny...) and B) There's no way in hell the kid is getting something weapon-related. He's gotten a few gifts from others in the past that have been weapon-related, and it has gotten him in so much trouble, it's not worth even trying. He likes art stuff. But a whole Christmas of Bendaroos? There's no snow, so my bright idea of snowshoes and snow related stuff is out. Yes, I know we'll get snow eventually, but at this point, kind of hard to predict when. He loves Legos, but wants the cool sets of them, and they are only the tiny ones that are just too tiny for his chubby fingers yet. Maybe I just need to break down with the Leapster or something similar that will help him learn something. He's 4 and likes everything. It shouldn't be this stinking difficult. Sigh...

1 comment:

Indigo said...

I've got the same problem over here. My daughter wants all of these toys, but once the excitement wears off she never plays with them again. The only things that seem to be worth it are art supplies. I've never seen a kid go through so many markers in my life. Good luck! I can't wait to see what you come up with.