November 6, 2009

What's your superpower?

Over the years, I've had a lot of superpowers. I was a good athlete. I was good in school. Eventually, those things translated into me being adaptable and quick on my feet - both mentally and physically. I learned to be really good at my jobs. (Well, except for that one, but that's a different post for a different day.) Then I made a child. And made milk for him for a year. (And if you don't think THAT'S a superpower, you've clearly never done it.)
But lately, I've felt, well, superpower-less. Blame it on the pain. Blame it on feeling like there's too much to do. Blame it on a husband who is stressed out too and can't be home much lately. Blame it on the fact I've resorted to doing too much whining. Blame it on the freaking 5 pounds I.gained.back.from.being.totally.stupid. Whatever it is, I've become totally superpower-less.
And then this morning C-man and I were having this great conversation at Starbucks. (He has the day off, and I'm working from home, so we took a break with some chocolate milk and a coffee cake) He's only 4.5, but the things that come out of his mouth always amaze me.
And so I realized, maybe I haven't lost my superpowers. Maybe I've just loaned them to my son. And that, well, that's pretty much okay with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's adorable and being a mommy is a superpower in itself!!!